||All professionals relevant to the 'outline' or 'agreed' Child Protection Plan as well as family members, must be informed in writing by a team/group manager if there is no allocated social worker and advised of routine and emergency professional contact arrangements, pending allocation.
Unallocated cases must be:
- Discussed at each allocation meeting;
- Reported to the child protection manager;
- Regularly monitored at management meetings.
The team/group manager remains accountable for:
- Ensuring that any statutory or explicit duties - e.g. Reviews of Children in Care or Child Protection Review Conference, are met, deploying duty staff as required;
- Resolving any immediate issues which arise in the case;
- Ensuring that her/his manager remains aware that a child protection case is unallocated;
- Ensuring that the family are kept updated;
- Ensuring that regular 'duty' visits are undertaken on unallocated child protection cases.