1..8 Parental Involvement in Sex Work
Involvement of family members in sex work does not necessarily mean children will suffer Significant Harm. Risks to the children in these circumstances come from the following potential sources:
- Exposure of the child to unsuitable adults and sexual activity / materials, especially if the parent works from home;
- The child being left alone whilst the parent is working;
- Being left with responsibility for younger siblings;
- Inconsistent care - e.g. if the parent is imprisoned;
- Factors associated with drug / alcohol misuse and /or mental health difficulty.